Thursday, July 16, 2020

Life has changed.

You know the more I grow older the more I realized how time really does fly.
This year 2020...a lot has changed.
I went into this year thinking it could be the best year of my life...I thought things were good. I knew we had to make a life changing decision mid year as our lease was coming to an end. I had to think about our next step. Was it purchasing a new place, renewing our lease, moving to EP?
I didn't put much thought into it back in January. Our main focus was going on vacation in February. For the first time in a long long time, I would visit family from both of my parents sides.
It was amazing...they were the best vacations of my life!! Honestly, I wish they would've lasted longer.
At that point dad was happy, he was not 100% but he felt fine. We went on our long overdue honeymoon, left my dad behind with his family. Came back home. Got to work. Then the pandemic came. Everything shut down. Things became slow, people scared, no place to go. I thought okay this is fine, we needed a break from our break anyway. My dad decided to come back. We picked him up and just 6 days later he passed away at home in our arms. I will never ever forget that day. He was okay in the morning, I checked his vitals, he was just okay but we thought we monitor him before dedicing to go to the hospital. He didn't have any symptoms of covid. But by 3PM he wasn't okay....he didn't complain, he didn't scream, he didn't cry...nothing..he just passed out in the bathroom on his walker. Seemed like he was going to get water, or wash his face. I can only imagine what  he was probably feeling... maybe that he was going to faint. His heart gave out, his body couldn't do it anymore. When I saw him, I thought he had just passed out. But he wasn't there anymore. I miss you papi. I wish I had more time with you.
My dad was in my plan of what to do when July 2020 came around.... we had to make the decision of our next home.
Now that we're here, I wonder would we be in a different position? Would we be moving to EP?  What if COVID was never a thing...would life be different? So many questions with no answers.
I just have to remember to life for today. Enjoy each and every breath I take.

Time flies, life is short.

-EMG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! :)

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com